Concrete is the most widely used building material in our infrastructure. While concrete is durable and perceived as everlasting, it is highly susceptible to rapid breakdown from chemical attack. Chemical processing is a demanding environment requiring a comprehensive understanding of a chemical’s make-up and its corrosive abilities to dissolve a protective coating or concrete substrate. At ProTech Coatings, we pride ourselves in using the best protective coating manufacturers who provide technical training and onsite service- ensuring our customers get the best products for competitive prices. The following services are provided within a chemical plant:
- Secondary Containment For safety, secondary walls are typically built around chemical tanks to contain aggressive chemicals in the event of the primary storage tank failure. ProTech installs Vinyl Ester, Novolac and Asphalt Modified- Reinforced Lining Systems to meet customer demands.
- Tank Linings To protect the inside of concrete, metal and fiberglass chemical storage tanks, Epoxy and Vinyl Ester Resins may be applied by spray, roller or trowel. For increased durability, Fabric Reinforcement and Graphite Flake may be integrated into the system.
- Equipment Pads & Sumps Designed for extreme chemical situations, ProTech installs Potassium Silicate, Furan Polymer, Novolac and Carbon Filled Vinyl Ester coating systems. Typically applied by trowel, these high performance materials are designed to withstand extreme physical abuse and thermal shock.
- Processing Floors Chemical processing floors create a demanding environment for protection. Extreme conditions include high impact, thermal shock, hot acid, hot oil, halogenated hydrocarbons and ozone. Material choices include Trowelled Novolac Epoxy, Urethane Cement, Fluoroelastomer and High Performance Polysulfide Coating Systems.
- Structural Strength & Repair Carbon Fiber is designed for a cost effective method of repairing defects and providing structural strength to concrete and metal beams in Chemical Processing environments. ProTech is manufacturer trained and certified to ensure proper material selection and application.